Wow…I really did not mean to disappear for a week. I’ve actually really been wanting to do more blogging lately. I just have a hard time sitting in my chair and doing it thanks to Willow. She can’t roam free in my bedroom (that’s where my iMac is located…small apartment and all that!) since it’s a mess. I’m working on that.
Since I’ve greatly reduced my drinking (once a week), I find I have a LOT of time on my hands. I mean, these days are seriously long, boring, and lonely. Seriously. They’re boring people.
To keep me from losing my mind, I have to fill my days with lots of activities. Here’s a bit of what I’ve been up to lately.
1. Reading Game of Thrones. Oddly, I tried to read this book about 4 years ago and hated it. I’m still not in love with it, but my friend promises that it does get better. I’ll be the judge of that.
2. Learning to Play This:
It’s not going to well since I don’t play guitar, but whatever. It’s something to do and Black basically describes my mood 9 times out of 10.
3. Working on my portfolio/personal site/trying to make some extra money.
Let’s face it. I’m BROKE. Being sick for the past 4 years and finishing up more education has left my finances in the shitter. Now that I’m pulling my head out of the sand, I need to do everything possible to make a few extra bucks. Might as well do what I know. Web design. First project I’m working on is for one of my friends. I’m taking little money on it, but he’s been my bff since ’93 and it has the possibility of getting me some exposure. For everyone else, the thinking is “Fuck you. Pay me.”
4. Cleaning/decluttering the apartment. Apparently drinking every night made me think my apartment was clean. Or maybe it just made it so I didn’t care. Who knows? Now with Willow around, the apartment is twice as dirty and she eats everything that is not tied down. Thus, it’s time to declutter this place. I have crap everywhere. It’s hard living in 600 or so square feet with only 2 very small closets. Ugh…
5.Sleeping.When in doubt, sleep it out. Not sure what that means, but it’s my new motto. Some nights I am asleep by 8:30. Mainly due to boredom.
6. Working out. I’m getting some decent runs in. Nothing to write home about, though. (Thus the reason I don’t mention it. It’s just too damn boring.) I guess I could do a weekly rundown like I used to. I’ll shoot for that next week.
7. Watching a ton of Netflix. I’m always a season or 2 behind on tv shows. I never remember to watch stuff when it’s on. I just finished up Season 4 of Breaking Bad last night. It was good!
8. Training Willow. If you follow my Twitter feed, you probably know that Willow and I are constantly at odds. This puppy is absolutely ridiculous. I’ve been putting in the extra effort to get her trained properly so she’s not an asshole later in life. It’s pretty exhausting.
That’s really about it. Looking at this list, I realize that I’m possibly the most boring woman in America. No wonder I needed to get wasted so often.