I keep coming in here to post, but find that I have absolutely nothing to say. I go through phases like this. Usually as life picks up, I have more to say. For now, I’m going to update you guys in bullets. Why? Because I can.
So, here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Watching Netflix. A lot – As many of you know, I don’t really watch too much regular tv. I can’t remember when shows are on or I’m always doing something else that I don’t want to be interrupted just to watch X show at Y time. Due to this, there is a LOT of tv that I have not seen. With all of this new found time, I’ve caught up on the following: Psych, Eureka, The Guild, RuPaul’s Drag Race (OMG so amazing!), the Walking Dead, Breaking Bad. Up next Dexter!
- Reading lots – My Nook is loaded up with books that I thought I would be reading during recovery from my surgery. It turned out that I only had the capacity to watch the Golden Girls and sleep through that period so I’m getting through those books next. I’m reading Remains of the Day, Mrs. Pettigrew’s Home for Peculiar Children, and finishing up that book on Henrietta Lacks. I also read 2 Psych books in the past 4 days. (They’re a SUPER easy read but are fun.) I hope to read Wench and Cleopatra next.
- Budgeting – As you know, budgeting is one of my favorite pastimes. Usually, it’s just because I like playing with numbers and challenging myself. Sadly, now I’m trying to figure out how I’m going to pay the ridiculous medical bills that continue to roll in. People that think just having insurance is enough have never been serious sick.
- Battling a cold – Last week I caught a cold from my boss. It wasn’t anything too horrible, but I did sneeze a lot and rub my nose. I now have a LOVELY case of impetigo. I would link to it, but the pictures will make you want to barf. Basically it’s that gross sore that people get by their noses after a cold. Well, mines infected. It seems to be clearing up. If not in the next day or so, I’m going to have to go get some anti-biotics.
- Running - Not really. I just returned today due to that cold. I did 2 miles of run/walking and it was super hard.
- Recovering – For the most part, I’m recovered. However, I’m still swollen and sometimes I still hurt. Not hurt really so much as “ache”. I’ve been achy the past couple of days since Gio decided it would be super awesome to run across my stomach while I was laying on the couch. Yeah. Asshole! Anyway, I had another test done and am waiting on the results from that. If everything comes back negative, then we can call my surgery a success!
- Gio – He’s doing quite well and thanks you for asking!
So, that’s basically everything that is going on in Geekgirlandia. Nothing too exciting. Still laying low for the most part. That’s what you have to do when you’re broke and recovering from gnarly abdominal surgery.
What are you guys up to? Anything interesting? Read any good books? Watch anything that I should check out?