I’m having an awesome week. Lots of cool stuff going on here in GeekGirllandia. (I just make that up. I like it!) I’m feeling good for the most part and overall, I’m super happy. What have I been up to? Let’s see:
- I went to see Spring Awakening last night at the Arsht Center in Miami. It. Was. Awesome. Seriously. I loved everything about it. Basically, it’s a musical about a group of kids in Germany coming of age in the late 1800′s. These kids are super repressed and confused. We get to watch the results. The musical score is basically rock music and there is a real band on the stage. I love the set and the way that most of the actors stayed on stage throughout the show. I also like all of the stomping. (You just have to see it!) I give this musical 5 GeekGirl stars. Seriously! Go see it.
- On Wednesday, I also finally won a gift card from Smarty Pig. I’ve been trying to for months. Usually they do a once a month give away for a $100 gift card. This one was for a $25 gift card. Not $100, but woohoo to winning something!
- I’m trying to put together a small, cost-effective vacation. Due to time constraints and brokeitis, I’m a bit limited. I’ll be going to NY to run the marathon, but that doesn’t really count. I want a little get away in August. I’m working on that.
- I got some new sports bras. Hopefully these work for me. It’s hard to find sports bras which is really weird since I wear a freaking A cup. It’s not like I need some crazy bra that holds down D cups or some shit. I just want simple compression bras and don’t want to pay $40 for that either. I finally found some Champion bras on sale that might do the trick. I’ll give you a report once I try them out.
- I also received Advanced Marathoning by Pete Pfitzinger. I’ve read over everything and so far so good. But, I gotta be honest with you. The training looks intense. But, I realized that I have 7 weeks to lay down a higher base. I’m already at 30 miles which Pfitz says is fine. I’m going to go up to 35 and hold it there. I’ll have a LOT more details on this.
- Somehow I’ve gained a couple of pounds. I’m really not sure how that happened, but it has. (It is that time of the month, so…) This calls for me to react ridiculously. I will go back to counting calories on my iPhone. I’d really like to drop 10 lb for the NY Marathon.
- School is done diddly doodly. I got a C in Spanish and a B in my Arthurian Literature class. Not as high as I wanted, but I’ll take it. It looks like I have about 6 or so classes left of school. Woohoo.
- Lots of fun things coming up this weekend. I have a poker party to attend on Saturday. A visit with my mom and sis. (They both got new apartments!) Maybe a movie.
So, that’s what I’ve been up to. What have you been up to?
Workouts thus far:
Monday – 4.32 miles| 45:18 | 10:29 pace
Wednesday – 6.11 miles | 1:02 | 10:12
I meant to run today, but due to being out late* last night I was too tired. Since I’m not in marathon training right now, I figured it was ok to sleep. I’ve got plenty of days coming that cannot be skipped. I’ll run the next 3 days, though.
Ok. I think that’s it. Off to relax a bit more.
* Note: Late for me is midnight.