This has been one of the longest, most miserable weeks I’ve faced in a long time. There are a lot of factors at play here. I know you guys really give a shit, so I’m going to detail them for you. You’re welcome!
- I Gave Up Booze – As we know drinking and I have a shaky relationship. I’ve decided that for the time being it needs to get the fuck out of my life. Am I an alcoholic? No. My therapist says I’m not. Do I drink to excess when I shouldn’t? Yes. So, my nightly couple of glasses of wine have fallen by the wayside. Physically, no cravings or anything. Mentally, I’m a big, old mess. Did you know that people drink to not deal with their problems/emotions? Did you know that the last 4 years of my life have been a huge shit show? While I haven’t lost jobs or anything like that, I’ve had 2 life-changing illnesses, broke up with my bf (I bet you forgot about that), my dog died, my mom had a SERIOUS accident… the list goes on. Honestly, no wonder I started drinking. Well, when you stop drinking all of that shit that you’ve been sticking your head in the sand about bubbles up 10 fold. Ugh…I’ve wanted to smack bitches so bad.
- My Knee Started Hurting – On Tuesday, I noticed a slight ache in my knee as I walked down the stairs at work. Honestly nothing that I would call pain, but cause for alarm. I took Wednesday off and iced/rolled the shit out of my legs. It hurt like hell, but I felt fine today. I ran a quick mile and then did my new Jillian Michaels DVD. (Yeah. I want to smack her, too.) I’m happy to report there was ZERO pain today. I will go back to regular running tomorrow and will remember to stretch and use my foam roller. I also have exercises that I should be doing.
- I Took Up the Guitar – In a bid to make sure I’m busy in the evenings and have better things to do than drink I took up the guitar. Now, I already play a couple of instruments. The flute, piano, and trumpet. The only one that I would say I’m good on is the flute. I’m still getting my chops back on that, but it’s still there. I read music, know the terms, etc. I decided to borrow my sisters guitar and…you guys? IT IS SO FUCKING FRUSTRATING!!! My fingers just do not move that way. I know that it takes practice and people say the same thing about any instrument. Maybe this was the wrong week to take up a new instrument.
- Work – I don’t even know where to start here.
- Hottie Dude Bro Next Door and I Are At War – Even worse, I don’t even think he knows it. First of all, the asshole keeps calling me sweetheart. No one calls me sweetheart. Not even men that I’m sleeping with. Secondly, he keeps parking in my spot. This was after I specifically told him that was my spot. In doing so, he blocks the garbage cans which he NEVER takes out. Thirdly, he always has shit in the washer and drying. He’s had them occupied for the past 2 days. Which brings me to my final bullet point and title of this post
- There Is A Dead Fucking Lizard in My Washer – I finally get to use the washer this evening and what the fuck do I find in there? A dead, fucking lizard. He’s belly up and possibly has his tongue hanging out. I walked in, saw that shit, picked up my nasty ass running clothes and went right back in my apartment. It will be a cold day in fucking hell before I pull that thing out. Let one of the 3 men that don’t do jack shit in my building pull it out and sanitize the washer. I also wonder if Dude Bro stuck it in there. The laundry room was locked. I’m taking my ass to the laundromat. (For the time being, I’ll be running in dirty clothes. I NO CURR!!!)
Ahhhh…I feel better after letting some of this rage out. Now, hopefully I can go back to giving zero fucks. Life is so much easier that way.
What’s up with y’all?